Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Love Like No Other

WARNING: Sappy Post but I can’t resist. There is no greater love then the love you have for your children, furry and non-furry.

This morning, I sat in my bed with Deuce at my feet curled up, April next to him, Barnes on the floor right by us, Wilma to my left and Leo cuddled right on top of me thinking how amazing life is and how the love of your animals can truly be the greatest blessing.

All three of my cats were found as strays, about to live a life with no shelter, food, or love but all of a sudden they became a family member and life changed for not only them but us as well. It may be an “animal lover” thing but I can feel the massive amounts of love from my cats each and every day, Leo especially. He’s a total Mama’s Boy! April just wants to be held ALL the time. She will sit on your hip like a toddler, it’s the weirdest thing but I love it. Wilma is not much of a cuddler when it comes to humans but she warming up to our morning cuddling sessions.

Prior to us adopting Deuce, he had NO idea what love was. When he arrived in our home, he didn’t cuddle, he didn’t like to be pet, and he didn’t know what a humans love felt like. Now, he is the world best cuddler (and bed hog). He will sit nicely as you pet his head and remove his eye boogys. He’s truly been a blessing in disguise for our family.

Last but not least, my big boy, Barnes. He is the sweetest thing since sliced bread (I always say that even though it doesn’t make sense). He is honestly the most affectionate, loving and sweet dog you will come across. If his big smile doesn’t brighten your day then I don’t know what will. As he ages and becomes more fragile I don’t take one day for granted with him.

Of course there are days where I wish I lived in a home without massive amounts of hair, or didn’t have to scoop four litter boxes, or get up at 6:00 AM to feed everyone and let them out potty but those days are minimal. Life is better with a companion (or 5). Just like a child, they are truly a blessing. Leo, April, Wilma, Deuce and Barnabee all complete our family one way or another - if it’s there naughty behaviors, screeching meows, annoying habits or odor, we love them. We wouldn’t be the Gondeck Zoo without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment