Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Shit, literally!


It’s been quite a shitty week, literally and it’s only Wednesday! Between the stresses of starting a new job, getting my wedding invites out, sending out a large amount of packages for my jewelry business and taking care of everyday things such as the house, animals, family, etc. Deuce has had the runs all week.

Huge, gross, smelly, gag worthy shits ALL OVER! It started on Monday morning, right before I left for work, when I found a couple (mind you, he was in his kennel for about 7 hours) runny craps in there. Therefore, since I had no time to clean, Deuce got to spend the day roaming the house. We occasionally let him roam the house during the day while we’re at work but more times than none, we come home to something chewed up in a million pieces. Well, nothing was chewed up when I came home Monday evening… puke, pee and crap EVERYWHERE! It looked like an atrocious vandalism scene where kids think it’s funny to put dog feces all over.

Picture this, vomit all over our ‘L’ shaped couch, running, almost watery poop on the hardwood floors – that actually after cleaning it up still stained Joshy’s beautiful hardwood floors L also, urine, that resembled a flood filled our laminate hallway. It was horrible! Plus, we had the windows closed in 80 degree weather so not only did the feces from the main level bake all day but the shit that I left in his kennel BOILED for 8+ hours. Could you imagine the smell? I gagged walking into my house and damn near vomited when I walked upstairs. Deuce spent the majority of his evening outside until it was time to return to his kennel for bedtime while we spent the evening trying to get rid of the absolutely disgusting smell that filled our house.

The first thing I thought of Tuesday morning when I woke up was, “I hope I don’t have to clean up shit this morning!” I let Deuce out of his kennel and brought him out potty when I noticed that the entire side of his white body was BROWN! UGH! I grabbed paper towels and ran up to the kennel. SHIT… everywhere! What the hell! I am gagging while picking up these massive amounts of turds out of his kennel. Keep in mind, I am NOT a gagging, feel sick when I see vomit, scared of poop type of person. I worked in a bar for 5 years and cleaned up massive amount of vomit. I was the go-to girl for puking incidents but the smell of this kennel explosion was more than I could handle. Finally, I decided, we’re just throwing the blanket away.

Deuce spent the day in his kennel with no blankets and apparently when Josh went home from lunch there was more poop. When I came home from work there was more poop. That evening, on our side door rug there was poop. So. Much. Poop. Well, obviously something is wrong so I turn to Facebook (because who doesn’t when they have a question). Surprisingly and not surprisingly, I received lots of remedies to control a puppy with an upset tummy. I knew I had some great animal geniuses out there! They asked, “Did he eat anything different recently?” Why yes, he did!

After Josh’s Bachelor Party on Saturday, he brought home the bone from the pig they roasted. It was a huge bone full of pork that had our dog’s names written all over it. He split it in half and gave a bone to each dog. After a few hours, we through the bones away and the dogs were happy, and full. Well, we forget that Barnabee is built like a shit brick house and can eat anything under the sun without getting sick or having an upset tummy. Deuce on the other hand is our more sensitive puppy who can’t enjoy the little things in life like a giant pig bone.

We came to the conclusion that the pig bone was just too rich for Deuce’s non-brick shit house body and his tummy didn’t agree with the yummy pig fat and meat. To calm his tummy, we mixed his hard food with some rice, boiled hamburger and potatoes to help calm his tummy. The verdict, we woke up this morning (Wednesday) with NO POOP in his kennel! We’re not in the clear yet but it’s a start.

Moral of the blog: Watch what “treats” you feed your dog! Those treats may be glorious for the hour or two of devouring it but not-so glorious for the 2-3 days after. Just like a child, you hate to see your animal sick. You feel so helpless. Keep in mind, as well, these accidents your dog may make do not call for reprimanding. These are uncontrollable actions caused by YOU not thinking before giving your dog a “treat”. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment