Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday, Deuce!

Happy Birthday, Deucey! Sunday we celebrated Deuce’s 1st Birthday. I can’t believe my cute baby puppy is a year old. Boy, he sure has changed from the little dog I adopted last summer. It sure has been a rough and tough year with Deuce but at the end of the day we wouldn’t take any of it back. Although we have some hard days where he makes me want to pull my hair out, he sure does have a big heart and truly loves our family. 

At 1 years old, Deuce weighs 65 pounds. He knows how to sit, shake and lay down. When he wants to participate he knows stay but in most cases he doesn’t have the patience. He loves to go for walks and play fetch. He hasn’t quite grasped the concept of drop which makes playing fetch extremely frustrating but I’ve learned a few tactics to trick him. He loves his kennel and every time I pull out a treat he’s up the stairs and in his kennel on his own. Deuce is not yet able to spend the day roaming the house due to some bad decisions he’s made such as tearing the bathroom garbage all over the house, chewing up remotes, ripping apart our couch, and gnawing on the bottom shelf of my ladder shelf. Therefore, he will remain in his kennel until we are able to trust him. He loves food and all food. 

My favorite thing Deuce does is when he gets excited he runs REALLY fast back and forth or in circle with his butt dragging on the ground. He looks completely psychotic but I laugh so hard every time he does it. My other favorite thing is how he always cuddles with Deagan. He absolutely loves and adores Deagan to a point where it melts my heart. He always wants to lay on Deagan (although he forgets that he is 65 lb. and Deagan is 50 lb.). I also love how Josh loves him. There are days where Josh can scream and yell at Deuce but at the end of the day guess which two are cuddling on the couch… Josh and Deuce. 

Deuce has not only taught me so much about being a dog owner but he’s taught me so much about being a Pit Bull owner and a trusted companion after living his first couple months in fear. He’s taught me patience. He taught me that sometimes it’s ok for things to happen. He’s taught me not to be so uptight and more understanding. He’s taught me things not only to utilize towards animals but towards people and my own life. 

Well, Sunday Deuce decided to dig a hole to China in our backyard (blog coming once I find a solution), needed two baths and decided to wipe his butt on my bathroom rugs so spoiling him was not top of my priority list but after supper I did give the dogs eggs soaked in bacon fat. Let’s just say they absolutely loved it and we loved the fact that there wasn’t any side effects such as gas or diarrhea. 

Happy Birthday, Deucey! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment