Monday, May 18, 2015

Leo is BLOCKED!

Who would of thought… my free male kitten that I found in a boat would cost me nearly $1,000.00? Well, he did. If you forgot who Leo is, he’s our 2 year old Orange Tabby cat. He was our 1st pet so he has a special place in our family plus he’s like the coolest cat you’ve ever met. 
To piggy back off of my last post, just when we though everything was going good with Leo, matters went south AGAIN! The poor guy was squatting again and this time I knew it was serious. 
We called the vet and made our way back to Becker Vet Clinic for what I thought may indeed be surgery. I walked into the clinic crying, not only because my sweet boy was in so much pain but I was scared to death of the financial repercussions of bladder surgery. Our Vet, bless him, had to deal with me a sopping mess. 
Welp, to my surprise, the Vet came up with a alternative (and much cheaper) solution to removing Leo’s bladder stones. He would place a catheter for 24 hours to flush those painful little nuggets that were blocking Leo’s pork-link (family term for wee-wee). It would require over night care as well as follow-up medication and prescription food but hey – it was half the price! 
The following day after placing the catheter we received a call that Leo was peeing again - YAY! I was actually excited that he peed this time!! We were given the OK to bring him home where we’ve been nursing him back to health. We have a long road ahead of us but our sweet Leo is all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment