Monday, May 18, 2015

Welcome, Princess April O’Neil

Meet the biggest pain in my @$$, Josh’s least favorite animal and Deagan’s little love. Why do we all have such different opinions on April? Well, mine started when I spoiled her rotten as a baby and carried her everywhere. April these days will following me everywhere around the house, pawing at me and meowing until I hold her on my hip like a baby and carry her while I complete my household responsibilities. If that isn’t annoying, I don’t know what is! Josh dislikes her for practically the same reason but not because she wants to be held but because she’s ALWAYS in your way. She’s under your feet constantly. When we open the fridge, she’s right there! Deagan loves the attention! He loves April and the love she gives him. April is VERY loving and loves to give and receive affection but it’s to a point where it’s annoying to Josh and I but to the point where Deagan thinks it’s great. 
Although, we rant about how annoying our Princess is, we do absolutely love her. Each and every one of our animals makes our family complete. I mean — our house just wouldn’t be the same without any of them even if they drive us nuts!
We adopted April from the TriCounty Humane Society in November of 2013. Deagan and I were going to “look” at kitties but we actually had every intention of adopting. I saw the cutest, long haired, fluffiest, black kitten and I had to have her. She was so adorable! Of course, Deagan and I put our deposit on her and went home to BEG Josh to let us adopt her. It didn’t take long to convince him due to reminding him that his cousin Holly did say — cats need playmates and two is better then one. Josh said yes, and we were on our way to pick up Princess. Unfortunately, when they were examining her prior to us bringing her home they found out she had fleas so there we were… kitty-less and had to rush home and wash all our clothes because we didn’t want to give fleas to the other animals at home. We had to wait three gruesome days before we could pick up Princess and take her home. 
Josh made one exception to adopting Princess and that was that her name HAD to be April O’Neil. I thought it was the CUTEST and it stuck, Princess April it will be. 
For the first couple days, we let April stay in Deagan’s room and took turns introducing the cats and letting April explore the house while Leo stayed locked in Deagan’s room and getting used to April’s scent. It was so scary when we would put them together because Leo would ATTACK April and the poor girl would meow so loud. After patience and weeks of introducing they finally did get to a point where they become BFF’s. 
April is a true blessing to our family because she makes us a whole and Leo would be lost without her. Animals make a family a whole and even though we complain about April, we absolutely love her. 
Thank you, TriCounty Humane Society for spaying April and giving us the opportunity to adopt her :)
Also, thank you Becker Vet Clinic for giving April her vaccinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment