Monday, May 18, 2015

Leo, My Man

I feel as though I am neglecting my cats since they haven’t made their appearance on my blog. We have two cats in our household that are both rescues.

Leo is our 1 year old male Orange Tabby. Leo was found by himself in a shed when he was just a baby. Josh’s cousin posted a photo on Facebook saying she found a baby kitten in her shed by himself and needed to find a home for him. I instantly said, “Yes, please!” Josh was sleeping when the post went up and I did ask him if he was okay with us adopting this orange kitty and he faintly said, “sure”. At that exact moment, I ran to Walmart and bought everything I needed for a baby kitten. When I returned from Walmart, Josh had asked why I had a litter box, litter, food, cat toys and bowls. I simply said, “we’re getting a kitten!” He was extremely confused (but not mad) because he doesn’t remember agreeing to a kitten but I reassured him that he did agree and the cat was ours. A couple hours later, we met up with Josh’s cousin in the Mimbach parking lot and received the new member of our family. We decided to surprise Deagan with his new kitten and was he ever excited! His eyes lit up and he was instantly in love. We let him name him and that’s how we got Leonardo, Leo for short. It didn’t take long until Leo was the most spoiled cat in Minnesota.


With this being our first pet and a rescue, we were in search of a Vet Clinic to treat Leo with his vaccinations, neutering and declawing. I called many places, looked at reviews and compared pricing. We decided on Becker Vet Clinic in Becker, Minnesota (about 20 minutes from our home). We brought Leo for his exam and instantly fell in love with the staff. They were so nice and welcoming that I felt comfortable taking my new “baby” to the doctor.


Leo since has become quite the man of the house and very much keeps to himself. Deuce and him like to rough house to the point of it making me nervous but they seem to enjoy each others company. Leo and Barnabee keep to themselves and get along just fine. Leo will comfort Barnabee when he’s in pain or struggling from old age. Leo and April are weirdly close and we are still trying to figure out if they are lovers or brother and sister. They spend their time playing, wrestling, bathing each other and cuddling.


The best thing about Leo is the fact that you can be anywhere in the house, call his name and he’ll run to you immediately. It’s almost like he’s a dog (but can listen a lot better then our dogs). Also, he’s definitely a ‘Mama’s Boy’. His favorite thing to do is snuggle with me at any time I am relaxing. If I’m laying in bed, he’s laying in bed with me. If I’m on the couch, he’s snuggled up right next to me. If I’m in the bath, he’s sitting outside the tub on the floor. He’s just a great companion and we lucked out with adopting such a easy-going cat. April on the other hand…

No comments:

Post a Comment